Saturday, January 29, 2011

Let's Get Down to Business

Student: "Aw man, we have to start those essays today?"
Student: "You mean we get to start the essays today, right Miss Chavez?"
My students catch on so fast.

Me: "Happy Friday!"
Student: "It's not that happy, we have to write essays today."
Me: "But that was my Happy Friday gift to you guys!"
Student: "Does it come with a gift receipt so I can return it?"

Me: "To help you write your essays, I brought in some special inspiring music to listen to while you write."
I made them listen to the Mulan soundtrack. Some loved it, for others it was more torture. The best part was watching the students that were trying to discreetly sing along.

Student: "Is this because I'm your favorite?"
Me: "No, I don't have favorites."
Student: "So you hate us all equally?"
Me: "Exactly."
Student: "That's what all my teachers say!"

No comments:

Post a Comment