Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Cry Me a River

I almost made some students cry today. I didn't mean to, it just happened. We are talking about communism and in order to simulate a communist society, I made the following announcement:
"From now on, all grades will be the class average, meaning everyone will receive the same grade. This includes in-class assignments, homework, quizzes, and tests."
Of course, I wasn't really serious, I was just making them think that in order to make a point. Some of them freaked out. The good news is they got the point I intended.

Student: "I really really need to tell you something."
Me: "Ok what is it?"
Student: "Thank you for wearing a different outfit everyday. I would really hate to have to look at the same clothes everyday."
Just doing my part to make my students' lives better.

A student drew me a picture of a dragon/Pokemon thing...I'm not 100% sure what it is. The student chased me down after school to give me the drawing but then didn't say a word, handed it to me really fast, then ran off. Oh how I love awkward middle schoolers.

Today's music trivia was Mambo #5.
Me: "Our music trivia song for today takes us back to my childhood."
Student: "Oh great, an old people song."

Today was the start of our state standardized testing. 1 day down, 5 to go...

No comments:

Post a Comment